MSSNY COVID-19 Update – March 29, 2020
March 29 Statistics
New York State: 44,635 confirmed cases, 285 deaths. New York City: 29,766 confirmed cases; 672 deaths, 5,537 Nassau; 4,138 Suffolk; 7,875 Westchester, 1,986 Rockland; 195 Albany.
For a complete NYS county list, click here.
MSSNY 2020 House of Delegates in Tarrytown Cancelled
Week of March 20th – March 27
· Expansion of Medicare coverage for telehealth (so it is no longer limited to rural areas)
· Telehealth Insurance Circular Letter No. 6 (2020)
Reminder that private insurers must cover telehealth services for patients (including those provided through a smartphone) and without patient cost-sharing.
· COVID-19 Telephonic Communication Services
Since Medicare still requires telemedicine to be provided only to patients in a rural setting, you should look at “virtual check in” services under codes G2010, G2012, 99421, 99422 and 99423.
· State regulated insurers re: required telehealth coverage for all health care services without patient cost-sharing “including technology commonly available on smartphones and other devices”.
For Medicare fees, go to ngsmedicare.com and do a fee schedule look up for your specific locality (01, 02, 03, 04, or 99).
• EPA’s Registered Antimicrobial Products for Use Against Novel Coronavirus SARS-CoV-2
• NYS has a coronavirus hotline at 1-888-364-3065.
• The New York State Department of Health has established a provider email account for physicians to ask questions about COVID-19: Covidproviderinfo@health.ny.gov